It can be hard to decide what the best gear for your aerial silk (aerial tissue) rig should be, so let us help. Our Aerial Silk Kit has everything you need to get your aerial rig going:
- One (1) 20 yard aerial silk tissue, 108 inches wide, of your choice of color
- One (1) figure-eight descender (a.k.a rescue eight), flat on one side to distribute weight more evenly.
- One (1) large ball bearing swivel with 3-year guarantee and up to 10-year life. Keeps silk from twisting, and reduces torque on the sling or bolt attachment points.
- Two (2) William screw lock carabiners. Use to secure swivel to descender, rescue eight, or hook, and to secure swivel to sling or other attachment point.
- One (1) 120 centimeter sling. Put over and around a sturdy horizontal support.
This kit can also be used to make an aerial hammock or sling for yoga by purchasing an additional carabiner and descender.
View our silk tying tutorial here
Click the "Update Kit Price" button at the bottom of this page to see the kit price.
Information for Bulk Members: Minimum quantity of 10.
Aerial acrobatics are dangerous activities and can lead to serious injury or death. By purchasing or using our aerial equipment, including, but not limited to, fabric, carabiners, swivels, slings, and descenders, the purchaser or user agrees that Fire Mecca is not liable for any damage, injury, or death caused during these activities. The use of this product is at your own risk. It is highly advised that the purchaser or user consult a professional aerial coach for instruction; only a professional coach can advise you of proper gripping and maneuvering techniques. A professional rigger should be hired for installation. For liability reasons, Fire Mecca cannot advise our customers on the specifics of hanging an aerial rig.